An important component of the regional economy has the potential of its mineral resources. The region has 340 deposits of 25 kinds of various minerals,161 deposits from this amount is already developed.
Raw materials area consist of mineral, fuel and energy areas (gas, oil, condensate and peat) - 34.6% 47.8% - the raw materials for the production of building materials, 12.3% - groundwater, 4.4% - mining chemical minerals (rock salt, potassium salt, magnesium salt, carbonate raw material for liming acid soils, carbonate raw material for sugar industry).
The energy potential of the region
The potential of renewable energy - 946 ths. tons of oil equivalent:
- 162 ths. tons of oil equivalent - potential energy of wind.
Average wind speed - 5.5 m / s
- 140 ths. tons of oil equivalent - hydraulic engineering potential of small rivers
- Dniester - 1035.9 MWh by the year
- River Prut - 2607 MWh per year
- 203 ths. tons of oil equivalent - potential heat of sewage
- 350 ths. tons of oil equivalent - potential of biomass
- Animal - 300 ths. tons
- Plant - 200 ths. tons
- Waste logging - 150 thousand square metres per year
- Waste wood industry (sawdust) - 50 thousand square metres per year
- 91 ths. tons of oil equivalent - the potential of solar energy.
Regional economy is balanced.
- Agriculture and forestry - 12.2%;
- mining industry and development of quarries - 9.0%;
- processing industry - 11.2%;
- electricity, gas and steam - 9.6%;
- trade - 13.7%;
- construction - 6.3%;
- transport - 5.5%;
- real estate - 6.4%;
- public administration and defense, social insurance - 7.0%;
- education - 6.8%;
- Health - 4.4%;
- financial and insurance activities - 2.2%;
- other types of economic activity - 5.7%.
In 2014 there were 7945 enterprises (6 are large, 287 - medium, small - 7 652) and 52 640 individual entrepreneurs.
Industry area represented by such activities as energy, mining, chemical and wood industry, mechanical engineering, food processing, construction materials and others.
Average monthly nominal wages by economic activity (in May 2016):
From the production of industrial products as electricity, oil, gas oil, coats and coats with fur, carpets and rugs, leather treatment, cement, asbestos cement pipes and slate, dyes, synthetic, boards Wood, plastic, linoleum and flooring, area traditionally holds a significant share in the national volume.
Agriculture - one of the most important components of economic sectors in the region.
Agricultural activity in the area dealing with almost 1.5 ths. businesses entities, including 767 farms, of which 551 are farms.
In the agricultural sector Carpathian produced agricultural products worth 6 bln. UAH., Including crop - 2,9 bln. UAH., livestock - 3.1 bln. UAH. From per 100 hectares of farmland gross production in 2014 was 1.177 million. UAH. This figure is the highest among the regions of Ukraine.
In the formation of the economic potential of the region occupies an important place mining industry.
To ensure the process of construction products, materials and designs in operating production capacity Brick (220 mln. Of conditional units), concrete and reinforced concrete structures (233 thousand. Cu. M.), Wood products of wood (over 14 thousand sq. M. m.) and polymeric materials (43 thousand pcs.), non-metallic building materials (over 1.1 mln. cu. m.), cement (2 mln. tons), and facing ceramic tiles (over 3 mln. sq. m. ), wooden flooring (365 thousand sq. m. m.), linoleum (5 mln. sq. m.), slaked lime (43 ths. tons), gypsum (30 ths. tons) of dry mixes (4 th . tons), concrete solutions (456 ths. tons), wallpaper (12 ths. tons), slate (112 mln. conventional tiles).